DOK Industry is where the international documentary, animated film and XR industry meets at DOK Leipzig. Every year, some 1,600 industry representatives meet here to discuss new works and latest developments. With a slate of programmes and events, DOK Industry fosters the creation and circu-lation of documentary film projects from initial concept to market.
To assist the team, we are looking for an
Intern for DOK Industry Programme (all genders)
Period: 6 May to 2 August 2024
Hours: approx. 30 – 35 h/week
- Participation in the planning of the DOK Industry programme as well as general assistance within the DOK Industry department
- Participation in communication with project representatives, speakers, moderators, participants, curators and tutors (mainly in English)
- Follow up with former participants on the progress of their film projects and documentation of their success stories (e.g. festival premieres, market selections, awards, grants, distribution and circulation)
- Research of current profiles of broadcasters and platforms as well as potential partner organisations
- Research in areas such as industry trends, greening of film festivals and the industry, innovation, diversity and inclusiveness, digital technologies
- Maintenance of diverse databases (projects, contacts, industry insights)
- An interest in film and the documentary film industry
- A collegial approach: amicable, convivial and resistant to stress
- An ability to work independently and meticulously
- Good organisational skills and an ability to work under pressure
- Proficiency and skill in Internet research and all common office applications. Experience with databases is beneficial.
- An excellent command of German and English
- A supportive and welcoming team and a creative working atmosphere
- Supervision in the handling of all tasks (independent sub-projects as appropriate)
- Work experience at one of the most renowned documentary film festivals in the world
- Insight into and cooperation with many of the festival’s other departments
- Access to the best and latest documentary and animated films
- Insight into the workings of filmmaking and the documentary film industry
- A paid internship
We can only offer the internship to students who are completing it alongside a university course or as a compulsory internship.
Our team is committed to diversity and inclusion. Variety in the backgrounds, perspectives, approaches and experience of the team members benefits our work and our interaction. We therefore welcome applications from anyone with suitable qualifications. Among equally suitable candidates, applications from individuals with a severe disability will be given preferential consideration.
Please send your application (letter of motivation and short curriculum vitae in tabular form) by
27 March 2024 to Angela Pacher, bewerbung [at] dok-leipzig [dot] de (bewerbung[at]dok-leipzig[dot]de).